Search This Blog

Monday 31 July 2023

Biopsy Results

My biopsy results came in today from the upper and lower scopes I had done last weekend. 

There was active esophagitis and an ulcer in my esophagus, with no indications of viral, bacterial, or cancerous cause (yay!). So the theory is that a pill somehow got stuck in that spot and eroded my esophageal lining. Doesn't that sound fun? I'm guessing it was a sleeping pill. I'm usually very good about drinking a ton of water when I take pills, however, if it's in the middle of the night and I can't sleep, I'll take a sleep aid with lots of water but I'll (obviously) lie down right away. 
So that's that. 

The lower scope showed 'mildly active chronic enteritis" and a granuloma present, all consistent with Crohn's Disease. 
So even though the J-Pouch looked normal on the scope, there is still chronic inflammation going on in the tissue, all consistent with Crohn's Disease. 

Just another reminder that people who look normal, or have organs that look normal, or have bloodwork that looks normal, doesn't always mean that everything is normal and healthy. Sometimes it's hiding right under the surface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment