Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 January 2024

Weekend Away

Listen, 2023 was kind of a brutal year. At least 2024 has started with some diagnostic tests and a plan! Last year was engrossed in new frightening symptoms, sudden progression of diseases (which are already having real-world, visible, consequences), and a hell of a lot of questions followed by a hell of a lot of waiting.

To help brush off the stress of last year, one of the best things to do (for me) is take a weekend to get away. 
I'm at the point now where my tests and appointments are mostly scheduled - I am not waiting on any urgent phone calls - so getting out of town to a place with virtually no service was a great way to unplug, unwind, and enjoy nature. 

A nice waterfall, mountains in the distance, trees all around, and a bit of a snowy wonderland was exactly what I needed for a bit of a mental reset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment